28 August 2023, 6:00pm
DEBATE ON ART POLITICS
Time: Monday 28 August, 6–7.30pm
Venue: Kunstnernes Hus, Wergelandsveien 17, Oslo
The red-green coalition of Ap, SV and MDG has been in power in Oslo for eight years, a period in which massive new institutions have opened, the Art City got an art plan, and artists received many temporary studios. We ask the politicians what they have achieved, and about what their programmes promise for the upcoming term. There will be opportunities to ask direct questions to the panel, and we encourage all artists and art lovers to vote in the election on 11 September.
The event is a collaboration between the artist organisations UKS, BO and Kunstnernes Hus. Free and open to all. The debate is live streamed and will be available online afterwards.
- 6pm: Introduction by Steffen Håndlykken (Chair of UKS)
- 6.15pm: Debate
- 7.pm: Q&A
- 7.30pm: End
- Marianne Heier, Billedkunstnerne i Oslo
- Bjørgulv Vinje Borgundvaag, Høyre
- Maria Qureshi, Arbeiderpartiet
- Sarah Safavifard, Sosialistisk Venstreparti
- Rauand Ismail, Miljøpartiet De Grønne
- Sofia Rana, Rødt
- Eili Vigestad Berge, Venstre
Andreas Breivik will moderate the debate. The debate will be held in Norwegian.
The debate is supported by NBK.
*Image above from a previous debate on art politics at Kunstnernes Hus in 2021. Photo by Jan Khür